Stay-cation

Well, I'm off from work this week. My husband and I are taking a bit of a staycation (he doesn't go back to school until next Monday). So far it's been a fairly lazy vacation, yesturday we shopped, watch a couple of movies (we had to watch a couple, we had just bought them) and read and today we went to the gym (for a couple of hours) and I started sewing the blouse from Simplicity 3688. It's a reproduction vintage pattern that I bought a long time ago but haven't yet touched.


I originally wasn't that thrilled with the blouse, just going by the picture, but after seeing Debi's version (from My Happy Sewing Place) I changed my mind. Her's turned out great!

My version is in a shiny, metallic-y grey. I'm about 3/4 finished so hopefully I can post the completed version tomorrow. I plan to eventually make the whole suit (jacket, pants and skirt) but I'll leave that for when I have more time and money.

Comments

Popular Posts