January 30, 2011

Slow progress on Simplicity 1906

Well, I haven't gotten much done on Simplicity 1906 (the 1940s blouse) but I figured that I would give an update anyway.
Here's what I have so far:
DSC00868

I still need to attach the sleaves, hem, make button holes and attach the buttons and snaps. Oh, and obviously I need to iron this baby. I think the fit is a bit off but I'm not 100% sure, I know that sounds odd but it fits great in the waist and is really billowy above that, I can't quite tell from the pictures if it's suppose to be like that. I'll try to post a picture to show you want I mean later.

I have also decided to join the "Sewing through the Decades Challenge" from My Happy Sewing Place and Rhinestones and Telephones.


I am hoping to make a piece from the 30's, 40's, 50's and one from the 70's. 1970's isn't really my style or an era that I wouldn't normally pick but my mother has boxes of patterns from that era (the height of her sewing - her late teens and early 20's) and some of them are cute.

My top above will count a one piece for the 40's and I hope to make the pants from Simplicity 3688:For the 50's Butterwick 6582:

and that's as far as my planning has gone.

No comments:

Post a Comment