My January Sewing Project

As you may have read, I am going to try to sew more this year and set a small goal of 12 projects, one a month. For January I am planning on sewing a 1940s blouse (Simplicity 1906):

DSC00836

I'm planning on making view 4 minus the little tie/bow around the neck. I've already bought and washed the fabric:

DSC00835

and yes, I did buy this fabric the same night that I bought the fabric for my silvery space top. I was obviously feeling like my wardrobe needed some spunk that evening. The purple is brighter than the picture apears, but I do like it. I love bright colours but never seem to buy bright coloured clothing. I also bought it because it was crepe and I love crepe, it drapes so nicely and it always seems to wear and wash well, I'm a low maintenance type of gal so these are high scoring points for me. Anyway, stay tuned for the sewing details...

Comments

  1. That seems a very interesting project, I love purple, the color will look great with the model you chose, I can not wait to see the result.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts