DIY Glitter House

Well, as you may have read, I really, really want a Cardboard Putz House, but I probably don't have enough time for shipping (plus I've already spent quite a bit this Christmas) or time to attempt to make one myself. Luckily, I was at Michaels (a craft store) looking for my one last gift for a crafty friend when I saw these:



A little cardboard house and a church ornament. I'm pretty sure that I've seen these before, so they are probably pretty easy to find elsewhere in the world. I snipped off the loops (for hanging) and painted them using acrylic paints:



One they were dry, I coated small sections (for example the roof, one side, etc.) in all-purpose white glue and sprinkled (a heavy sprinkle) them with clear glitter. This part takes quite awhile since it's best to wait for the glue to dry a bit before doing another section. Make sure to do this part over a bag or newspaper because glitter is messy. The glue will look murky until it completly dries, but it will dry clear so don't worry.

and here is the final product:



Aren't they cute? The plan is to make a couple each year and eventually I'll end up with a whole town. Next time I'll try making them from scratch.

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts