Next up we have a chocolate ganache tart in a walnut crust. This is a very rich dessert but very simple to make. The filling works great with regular pastry crust and cookie crusts too.
Chocolate Ganache Tart with a Walnut Crust
1 1/2 cups crushed walnuts (I used a blender)
3 tbsp melted butter
2 tbsp sugar
1. Mix all ingredients together and push into a tart pan to form a crust.
2. Bake at 350 F for 10 min.
Here's the texture of walnuts that I had:
It's about 50% finely ground and 50% roughly chopped.
Chocolate Ganache Filling
1 cup of cream (whipping 35% fat)
1 cup of chopped dark chocolate (about 8 oz.)
1 tsp vanilla extract
1. Heat the cream on the stove and bring to a slight simmer. Pull off the cream before it begins to boil.
2. Dump the chocolate and vanilla in the cream and stir until smooth.
3. Pour ganache into your crust and cool until solid (takes quite a few hours).
This is a great one to make the day before and it freezes really well.