Classic Pumpkin Pie

Well, this post is a little late but I am so proud of my pumpkin pie that I had to post it. This is the first pumpkin pie that I have ever made and I created my own recipe, actually I took bits and pieces from four recipes to make my own, does that count?



I have never been a pumpkin pie fan but my mother-in-law requested it so it had to be made. I ended up really liking this one though, so much so that I would and am going to make it again. I used the pie crust recipe that was on the shortening package (and I've posted my own recipe before) so I won't re-post one here.

DSC00685


Classic Pumpkin Pie

1 pastry crust (uncooked)
1/2 can pumkin puree (about 400mL)
1 cup of evaporated milk (just under a cup actually)
1 tbsp flour
2 tsp cream
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/4 cup white sugar
1/2 tsp salt
3/4 tsp ginger
1 tsp cinnamon
1/2 tsp vanilla
1/4 tsp nutmeg
3 eggs



Steps:

1. Mix pumpkin, sugar, spices, flour and cream together.

2. Beat in one egg at a time.

3. Stir in milk & vanilla until combined.

4. Pour into crust and cover edges with foil (to prevent over browning of crust). Bake for 30 min at 350F.

5. Remove foil and cook another 20 min until done, pie will be cooked when knife comes out of filling clean.

I also baked a small pumpkin shaped pastry in a seperate pan to cover the knife mark in the pie. I used a pumpkin shaped cookie cutter and extra pastry dough.

Comments

Popular Posts