March 21, 2011

A Strong Quote from an Interesting Lady

Rainbows and waterfalls are inspirational, well according to many posters in offices they are

I’m not usually one for “inspirational” quotes but I found this one awhile ago and I really like it. It was about women in the public life but I think it can apply to most women, especially those in the business world (and ones trying to climb the ladder and break ceilings):

You cannot take anything personally.
You cannot bear grudges.
You must finish the day's work when the day's work is done.
You cannot get discouraged too easily.
You have to take defeat over and over again and pick up and go on.
Be sure of your facts.
Argue the other side with a friend until you have found the answer to every point which might be brought up against you.
Women who are willing to be leaders must stand out and be shot at. More and more they are going to do it, and more and more they should do it.
Every woman in public life needs to develop skin as tough as rhinoceros hide.

- Eleanor Roosevelt


I don’t actually know much about Eleanor Roosevelt, but I think a biography on her may be purchased in the near future…

No comments:

Post a Comment