February 5, 2011

My Latest Project

I've found my next project, a vintage inspired swimsuit. I know you may be thinking "what ever happened to that purple shirt?" but I am almost complete, I just need to make buttonholes and attach the buttons, unfortunately my sewing machine is old and the buttonhole setting doesn't really work, so I am going to have to borrow someone's machine to finish it off. I'll finish and post it soon, I swear.

Anyway, back to my latest project. While cleaning out my cold storage room I came across a tankini that I had bought a couple of years ago, why it was in the cold storage room I do not know. The suit is now too big, in fact all of my swimsuits are a bit too big, so I am going to try to make one myself (I'll probably end up buying one this summer too, hopefully an Ester Williams one). I want to make a skirted bikini type suit. I love them and they are suppose to be flathering. I've never actually tried one on so this may be a good test before I go out and buy one.

There are a ton of lovely photos online that one can use for inspiration, check out some of the ones that I found:

image found here
image found here
image found here
image found here


image found on flickr
I love the wing busts on some of these, but I'm not going to try something that crazy (maybe one day, maybe one day). Here's what I have to work with:
DSC00870
Wish me luck! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment