January 2, 2011

Finally, a healthy dish

Well, Christmas and New Years has come and gone. I haven’t posted as much as I had planned to, it’s been a couple of busy weeks filled with baking, wrapping gifts, visiting and food, way too much food. Now it’s time to get this blog, and life back on track. Let’s start things off with a healthy and simple recipe. This serves two.

Lemon Salmon with Asparagus and Wild Rice

Ingredients:
2 Salmon Steaks (fresh is best)
1/3 cup Lemon Juice
½ cup thinly sliced onion
Pepper to taste
¼ cup wild rice
Low sodium bouillon
Asparagus

1. Line an oven proof dish with parchment paper, wash salmon and place in dish. Cover with onion and top with lemon juice and pepper. Place in 350 F oven, cook until done (will depend on the thickness of the salmon, it’s done when it flakes easily, I run a fork across the top to test it).
2. Put rice in pot with water and bouillon and boil (until done- about 25 min – but will depend on the type of rice).
3. Place asparagus in a steamer above the rice after about 10 minutes of boiling.

DSC00787

I served this with a nice salad, this one goes pretty well. It's not a very exciting meal but it's fairly healthy. Fish fat is really good for you and good fats can help you loose weight, plus who doesn't need to eat more whole grains?

Now I just need to step up my work outs at the gym and I'll be back on track. I have the next week off from work too, so I'm hoping to get a few things done around the house and do a little sewing.

Hope you all had a great Christmas and are ready for the new year as well!

No comments:

Post a Comment