October 7, 2010

PB & Banana Shake

After a long work out I am usually starving, so to avoid stuffing my face at dinner I will have a protein shake. This is one of my favourite shake recipes, it tastes just as good without the protein powder, so do make sure to try it. I love PB & banana sandwiches, it's such a great combo, so when I saw this recipe I had to try it. If you have never had a PB & Banana sandwich, go make one now! So yummy.


Peanut Butter & Banana Shake
Ingredients:
1 medium banana (sliced)
1 tbsp peanut butter (all natural kind - salt & sugar free - Kraft makes a pretty good one)
1 cup of milk (I actually use 1/4 cup milk and 3/4 cup Oat Dream - I have trouble with lactose)
1 ice cube
1/2 scoop of vanilla protein powder (optional)

Just throw everything in a blender and blend.


This shake is really filling and thick and tastes a lot like a milk shake made with ice cream. I've also had this with just Oat Dream (rather than milk) and it was pretty good, milk is best if you can drink it though. Oat Dream is an oat based milk replacement, similar to soy milk or rice milk, in case anyone was wondering.



PB & B Shake

No comments:

Post a Comment