October 16, 2010

1920s - Scanning

My grandmother gave me an old book earlier this year and I thought I would share some of it with you, I believe it belonged to my great grandmother. The book is "Girls Own Annual, Vol. 49." The first few pages are missing but a quick google search puts it at 1927-1928, which seems right based on the clothing styles and a photo of (the now) Queen Elizabeth as a toddler. The book has stories, recipes, fashion, crafts and home styling ideas. It also seems to have quite a bit of gossip on royalty, I think it's a British book.

Click on any of the pictures and it will bring you to flickr where you can look at larger versions (they are clear enough to read there).

First up we have some of the latest styles from Paris. Look at those "reckless" bows, those French women are daring.

scan1

and of course some slips and underclothes.

scan2

and a lovely Tennis Jumper that you can make at home. I actually think it's kind of cute!

scan3

No comments:

Post a Comment